DollarDays

Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Blog is Going to Take a Turn...In a BIG WAY!

I started this blog off to try to help everyone in our small community to shop and save at local businesses. Now, with the recession loaming larger, and couponing becoming a necessity, I find myself having to go farther to get the best deals. Even though the nearest variety of food markets are only 30 miles away, sometimes it makes it worth the trip to save money or to get FREE items or make money, yes I said make money, on a shopping trip (we will get into that a little later on)

One thing that I have learned since my last entry is that Ebay can have the best deals on coupon inserts. In the last 3 weeks, I have gotten 30 current Red Plum and Smart Source coupon inserts that you would normally find in the Sunday papers for less than $12.00. Just imagine how much it would have cost if I had bought the newspapers. I was just watching "Extreme Couponing" and one lady bought 30 papers each Sunday just to get the coupons. I find that quite insane!

Not many people realize that the state of Maryland does not have sales tax on food items...that's saving right there. Now, we come to the part where we make money off of items. Walmart is an excellent example for the money makers...this may look like a small amount, but it will add up as you learn how find the deals and put them into action. One of my favorite sites out there that really does the leg work for you is http://www.supercouponlady.com/ Here's one that came out last week...Buy (2) Schick 12-Count Razors, $1.97 each Use (1) $6.00/2 Schick Disposable Razors (Excludes 2 Count) the final cost is FREE + $2.06 overage! There are tons of these types of money making deals, and that my friend's is the way that you can get free or make money off of items AND what they don't tell you on the Extreme Couponing show. The key to all this is to search, read, and join as many sites as you can. Also, make sure that you have a specific email address just for your couponing memberships. AND the biggest cardinal rule is NEVER pay to join a coupon site OR pay for internet coupons as they may be counterfiet!!

Another thing that I have learned lately, is I have joined as many Facebook coupon groups as I can. Facebook has made it so much easier to find the reputable sites and great tools to help the average couponer save.

I am hoping to keep on top of this blog to help those who want to save. I really am beginning to see that this whole couponing thing can easily become a full-time job if you want it to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment