DollarDays

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Frugalness ;)

Frugalness...I'm not really sure if that's a real word, but to my 10 year old son it is. I grew up in very frugal households ( with my mother and bonus father in WV, and my father and bonus mother in MD). We recycled not to be eco-friendly, but to make extra money to go on fantastic vacations. I bring this up because my 10 year son IS very frugal for his generation. He loves yard sales, the Salvation Army and Goodwill. He particularly loves crushing cans and turning them in for cash. When he found out how some metals are going for .80 cents a pound, he asked if the cover to the water meter on our sidewalk was really necessary..lol. So, in his mind, frugalness is a real word and a real necessity as it should be.

I found the rather cute site while I was looking up frugal ways for him to save or make money without committing a crime and I came across this one... http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/
This sites caught my eye not just because of the title, but when I started to read it, there were a lot of useful, smart, practical ideas and recipes on it. I hope you find it as entertaining and educational as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment