DollarDays

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

VERY IMPORTANT.....KNOW your coupons!!

I learned an excellent lesson this morning...I had planned on getting some free stuff and/or rebate items and found out that I no longer had some of the important coupons...they have mysteriously disappeared! This is exactly why I want to stress KNOW your coupons. Know what insert you got them from, either Smart Source, Red Plum, or the internet. If you are going to save money successfully you have to study, make lists, organize and do what ever it takes to know, which, what, where and how you are going to use the coupons.

As I stated in my last post, organization and knowing what coupons you have before you start shopping is absolutely key if you are planning to save BIG on your total grocery bill. I want to stress also, that I am learning this process as I go along just like everyone else, so please let me know what neat ways you organize your coupons and lists. I am finding out that successful saving and couponing is absolutely a full time job if you want to get the most out of the process. These people on the Extreme Couponing show didn't get those stock piles over night and they certainly didn't just walk into their supermarkets and magically begin to saving the hundreds of dollars on their grocery bills.

So with that being said, as soon as I get my new binder and I gain more confidence, I am so recording my first big extreme shopping trip. Right now, my husband and I are couponing on a much more average scale, and yes we are saving money, but I cannot wait to get this whole system down, so I can go out and take the supermarket by storm.

Remember what this post is about...know your coupons, where and what insert they come from and don't let them expire!

No comments:

Post a Comment